Before starting a fight:
- Buff with food: Nightborne Delicacy Platter (+375 mastery in Legion) > Sleeper Sushi (+125 mastery in WoD)
- Buff with flask: Flask of the Whispered Pact (+1300 intellect in Legion) > Greater Draenic Intellect Flask (+250 in WoD)
- Buff with rune: Defiled Augment Rune (+325 intellect in Legion) > Empowered Augment Rune (+50 intellect in WoD – stops working above level 109)
- This used to be the part where I said: “make sure to have your water shield up”.
Unfortunately, we’ll have to miss this ability until we can buy the Waterspeaker’s Totem in our class hall.Go to the old Nagrand in Outland, to the Throne of the Elements and buy the toy from Elementalist Sharvak!
- Pre-pot: Potion of Deadly Grace (extra bolts on the target you are damaging) > Draenic Intellect Potion (+1000 intellect WoD). We’re assuming the new potion is better than the WoD one, but still has to be confirmed through testing.
Your basic healing rotation:
- Riptide on cooldown (every 6 seconds)
- Healing Rain on cooldown (every 10 seconds) – if there’s a cluster of players, preferably 6 or more
- Healing Stream Totem on cooldown (every 30 seconds)
- Cloudburst Totem on cooldown (every 30 seconds) – if you choose this talent
Weave (fill) with:
- Healing Wave (slow and cheap)
- Healing Surge (fast and expensive)
- Chain Heal
- When mana is tight (typically at the start of an expansion), you are wise to make use of Tidal Waves. Try to avoid casting too many of the same spells in a row – unless you are buffing Ascendance or Cloudburst output.
Your (base) cooldown rotation:
- Gift of the Queen (45 sec cd): obviously this won’t be available until we can wield our artifact
- Healing Tide Totem (3 min cd)
- Spirit Link Totem (3 min cd)
- Heroism / Bloodlust (5 min casting cd – 10 min effect cd)
Your talent specific cooldown rotation:
- Wellspring (20 sec cd)
- Earthen Shield Totem (1 min cd)
- Ancestral Guidance (2 min cd)
- Ascendance (3 min cd)
- Ancestral Protection Totem (5 min cd)
Your DPS rotation:
- Open with Flame Shock
- Follow with Lava Burst
- Fill with Lightning Bolt
- Use Chain Lightning whenever you’re facing 2 or more targets
- While leveling, you can choose to run with Echo of the Elements. This gives you an extra charge on Lava Burst. Keep spreading Flame Shock, as having it up on more than one target will significantly increase the amount of Lava Surge procs. Flame Shock is mana intensive though, so this tip is foremostly applicable to leveling
- Interrupt casts with Wind Shear
- Prevent casts and damage taken by stunning / rooting / hexing a group of mobs with either Lightning Surge Totem / Earthgrab Totem / Voodoo Totem
- Remove buffs on enemy targets with Purge
- Remove debuffs on friendly targets with Purify Spirit
- Crowd-control mobs by using Hex
This depends heavily on the talent you choose. Our initial preference goes to Graceful Spirit as it works right into our mantra of ‘always keep casting’. Gust of Wind if you’re out in the world having fun, preventing yourself from dying when you jump off a cliff. Wind Rush Totem because your raid leader can’t live without. Although, are you sure you can’t convince him/her that you’re of more use casting while running (i.e. picking up graceful spirit)? Other than one talent row, our only movement speed affecting factor is Ghost Wolf.