Welcome to our resto shaman leveling series. In this article we discuss the spells you gain during level 91-100 (Warlords of Draenor). We conclude with an overview of the healing rotation at level 100.
Creative leveling process
Blizzard went on a creative tour in Warlords of Draenor. Every 2 levels you get a perk: at level 92, 94, 96, and 98. The perk you get is randomly assigned. These are the perks you can expect:
- Enhanced Unleash (general shaman perk): Unleash life now becomes your movement speed increase;
- Improved Reincarnation (general shaman perk): when you reincarnate, you have 40% hp instead of 20%;
- Improved Chain Heal (restoration specific perk); increasing the strength of the initial heal of Chain Heal (first target) with 50%;
- Improved Riptide (restoration specific perk); reducing the cooldown of your Riptide spell (with 1 second) – Now one may say ‘Glyph of Riptide makes this worthless’. However, we ended up playing most of the expansion without it. Especially in Hellfire Citadel: Glyph of Riptide does not have synergy with set bonuses and trinkets.
When you ‘ding’ level 100, you will have to pick a final talent. Your choices are: Cloudburst Totem, Storm Elemental Totem, and High Tide. For the sake of it, try cloudburst and storm elemental once to see what they look like. That way you will recognize when someone else is playing with it. After that, spec High Tide. Sadly, there is not much but this specific talent that is viable in the end game. Are you curious why? Check out many of our guides on the website:
- Rotation – your end game healing rotation explained;
- Stats – an overview of your stat priority and a full explanation per stat;
- Talents – the default build and description of situational use;
- Glyphs – an overview of all (relevant and useful) glyphs;
- Cooldowns – which cooldowns you have available and how to use them;
- Totems – an explanation of the schools of elements and full overview of all totems available to you;
- Utility – how you can use your abilities and totems to the advantage of your group.
- Best in Slot (BiS) list;
- Information about item upgrades – how you can gather valor and what to upgrade first;
- Trinket selection;
- Our evaluation of our own advice 8 months after writing it;
Boss guides (mythic only and resto shaman specific):
Go back to the previous leveling guides: