Which Direction

Homepage Forums Link your logs Which Direction

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  twilightcinder 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

twilightcinder
    Participant

I’m new to healing this xpac and would like to get my numbers up. I am also unsure as to how much mastery/critical strike I should be aiming for. I am aware that mastery is the go to and people are telling me it’s all down to personal preference but I have no idea how to figure this out as I am not accustomed to healing. I usually heal Mythic + dungeons and Normal raids, we are just starting on Heroic Nighthold.

Any other feed back would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/W8hVNxqdHbR9Ccjn

tsumi
    Participant

One thing that strikes me in these logs is your use of healing wave, which is almost non existent. Healing wave works very nicely off your tidal waves stacks and is much more mana efficient than healing surge which i see you use alot. I feel like you must run out of mana rather quickly in fights? Unless the raid’s health is falling behind I would replace your use of healing surge with healing wave to top people off.

twilightcinder
    Participant

I thought I was casting it more. To be honest I’ve never found mana to be an issue until we started Heroic.

I think perhaps I use Healing Surge more often because I panic and it’s faster. It is though not as mana efficient as Healing Wave. I will definately try to keep this in mind. Thank you for the points =)

Are there any other things that you can see?

tsumi
    Participant

Same thing goes with chain heal as well, try and get alot more usage out of it. It should be the highest healing spell out of all your abilities in the majority of your fights. It also grants a stack of tidals waves which you can use to empower a healing wave afterwards, that way you can fit in both spells and become a bit more effective with your mana usage which will become more important in heroic and mythic progression. I would suggest investing in a weak aura maybe for tidal waves so that way you spend them properly and dont waste any value.

tsumi
    Participant

On other news your healing rain uptime is very good and your cooldown usage seems very appropriate, which is arguably the most important thing for a resto shaman to be able to do. If you enjoy the cloudburst totem playstyle i would suggest you take a look at the article on this website that was written about it. It sort of gives you ways and ideas on how to get the most out of it.

twilightcinder
    Participant

I actually did just that with Weak Auras lol. I used to cast a lot more chain heal but was told I should cast less (which kind of confused me).

My original build was a high crit based chain heal build but I would use CBT on CD.

My my numbers have definitely seemed to increase after taking note of the Tidal Waves proc at least =)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.