Shaman Class Preview! :)

Homepage Forums Shaman news and rumours Shaman Class Preview! :)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Shammyspice
      Participant

Just announced via Twitter 😀

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19955664

Glarblar
      Participant

I’m hoping there will be a mass thread on this. Two things I noticed:

Chain Heal
      5.6% Mana, 40 yd range, 2.5 sec cast
      Heals the friendly target for a moderate amount, then jumps to heal the most injured nearby party or raid members. Healing is reduced by 30% after each jump. Heals 4 total targets.

CH back to smart healing the most injured ally

Tidal Waves
      Passive
      When you cast Chain Heal or Riptide, you gain the Tidal Waves effect, which reduces the cast time of your next Healing Wave by 40% or increases the critical effect chance of your next Healing Surge by 40%. Stacks up to 2 times.

This tells me that casting CH or RT gives 1 stack to TW, and you can store up to 2

Shammyspice
      Participant

It doesn’t seem like much is really changing…?

Nesla
      Participant

I really hope they will put some more synergy with other spells into the talents.
      Wellspring sounds like it is just another short cooldown that is supposed to be
      pressed when ready, especially with that low mana cost an a “strong” healing value,
      but we will have to see if its affected by AoE-cap.

Not many changes to the typical healing spells other than chain heal jump degeneration.
      I hope we will keep something like the chainheal-riptide synergy, but then again they
      said they want more focus on targeted heals. Sadly the Tidal Waves synergy isnt that
      interessing (but good).

I dont see the benefit from placing 2 totems of the same type at the same time. OK, it
      will give a little uptime boost for HST but is it really relevant? Will HST save someone
      during active HTT? Wouldnt you prefer delaying HST as a followup when your HTT runs out?

Another thing that I think is rater annoying is the need for healing rain uptime. I hope
      they are going to rework that in some way because it would be nice to feel that spells
      you cast actually matter and are not only what I call “background noise” healing, especially
      on a 10sec CD.

Anyway, I think a healer is mostly defined by utility and cooldowns and we will see in
      beta how they will work out, because the announced skills are just the “basic” toolkit
      every healer has in one or another way.

Dorelei
      Keymaster

Good morning guys! Glad to see you got the conversation started while we were sleeping. You can expect a response from us today :D!

Dorelei
      Keymaster

For those who are eager to see our response. We discussed it and are working it all into one big beatiful post :). Eta.. a few more hours.

Rillao
      Participant

I can’t wait for your guys’ insight, because I get excited every time, and am consistently let down, I feel like. They mention about moving from CH every time, but are continuously pushed into the role. The last time I typically used CH as a rarity was in Ulduar, when I stacked intellect and LHW spammed.

I see no worthwhile changes overall, another CH nerd in the making, and a slightly intriguing conical aoe heal. Please almighty shaman lords, give me hope and show me the errors in my thoughts ;_;

Dorelei
      Keymaster

Its up! Hope you guys like it / find it informative. I need a power nap now…. *snooooores*.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.