- April 4, 2017 at 15:03 #5078
- April 4, 2017 at 16:37 #5081
Great idea of you to post this! General note to everyone reading this: the mage tower became available in the US yesterday and for EU today. This building unlocks a role specific scenario that awards an artifact skin. As this content is supposed to be (and remain) quite challenging, I’m curious to find out how you guys go about it.
So first off, thanks Gulicka for sharing your video. Would you mind sharing your item level and which legendaries you had equipped?
To those that completed this scenario:
- Any tips/suggestions/tricks that you would want to share?
- Did you find specific legendaries useful? If so, which ones and why?
- Did you find certain talents particularly useful? If so, which ones and why?
- Did you record your ‘kill’ as well? Please share the YouTube link with us :D.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you guys!
- April 5, 2017 at 20:25 #5082
My equipped ilvl was 909 or 908 when i did it (cant remember really :p).
My Spec when i did it.
Cake is a lie: The NPC’s does not get the shield from Cake, so i used a int/mastery stat stick insted.
As for tips:
Mana management; at times you get a ½ sec window outside combat, not enough to rest potion but enough for you get get 1 to 3 sec of drinking. Doesn’t sound like much but it really helps, gives you those last few heals against the last set of adds.
You will get 3 different kinds of adds, all known from the Blackrook Hold dungeon.
1. Archer: Shoots the party with some medium dmg shots and does a mana sting that you MUST line of sight with one of the party members.
2. Caster: Spam Arcane Blast that, if succesfull, gives them a 50% dmg increase and it stacks. Interrupt as much as posible.
3. Blade dude. Does Knife Dance for high AoE dmg on the party and after hes done with the channel of this spell he will focus on YOU and chase you while doing ALOT of dmg to you. The hunter will slow them from time to time, but i couldn’t see a pattern, yet you can kite them abit.
– On the first add you get, an archer, try and deal abit of DPS to it so you can kill it before it gets its 2nd mana sting off.
– 2nd wave: not much to it, LoS the archer with Lord Ravencrest (the warrior in your party) while you focus on the caster. Remember to give ALOT of love to the target who gets hit by the mana sting.
– The 3nd wave of adds (caster and blade dude) you can use AG to keep up (it will be up again when you need it later). Focus down the caster, interrupt as much as you can. When the blade dude does his Knife Dance, use your stun totem, but make sure to use your Lightning Surge Totem to stun both of them. That way you get a a free reset of the buff on the caster add as well as interrupting the Knife Dance.
– 4th Wave: Now the fun begins ! Here you get 2x Blade dudes and 1 Caster, the party will go for the caster at first and you will have to deal with the 2 blade dues on you (when they enrage and fucus you, use 40% Dmg reduc.) Same strat as before, stun on Knife dance, hit all 3, kite if you can, interrupt the arcane blast.
As for CD’s here I try and only use ascendance an d AG to keep the party alive.
I like to have 50%+ mana when i finish this phase and channel a lay torrent on the last blade dude if your party is topped and have healing rain going. (do this right after he finished his focus on you)
– 5th wave: Caster + Archer + blade dude. Now you are getting the flow of it, LoS the archer, interrupt the caster, stun both (caster and blade dude) in melee when the Knife dance comes. But remember to keep an eye out for the Archer since they do teleport around the room and you have to deal with a few mana stings.
Pop Lust on pull, use link/ tide when you feel you need it.
Now if you did this, you done the hard part !
take a break, wait for ascendance to come back up.
For the 2nd phase:
1st Room: 6 eyes will spawn, kill one heal up, kill one heal up. Not that bad. Chain Lightning is your best and worst friend here, make sure that you dont kill 2 at once or you are dead. Do NOT stand close to the, they have a small AoE around them that ticks for heavy dmg.
2nd room: 1 Demon + 3 bats: Chain Lightning, flame shock and lava burst the bats down first, keep an eye on your own HP.
3rd room: Ascendance should be up again for this, after you take down the gate there are 3 damaged spirits and 1 feared one, dispell the fear, pop ascendance and heal the 3 spirits up, make sure they are fully healed ! if you fail to do this and they die they turn into a blade dude and you have to reset, since you done have the time to kill that and the next.
Pull the archer, LoS the mana sting with the spirits and just resto burst it down !
4th room: GREAT BALLS OF FIRE ! again Chain Lightning is BFF here. Clear a path to the next gate. Easy enough.
5th room: Dread Corruptor + 3 eyes (same as the first room): Pull the Corruptor at the gate, DPS abit, when the spinny thingys spawn, move abit to the right, kill him off.
Do the same with the eyes as you did in the frist room.
BREAK TIME; wait for lust CD, i needed it…
Phase 1: Your party goes crazy and attacks each other, keep them up.
The boss will start pulling spirits from the the 3 sides of the room, you have to heal them up before they reach the boss. Pop lust and start rolling CDs (1 wave = 1 CD). You have to heal up 8 spirits before the you can go on.
Phase 2: The spirits you did not manage to heal up will now spawn as adds (the same 3 types as in the start)
Same strats here, LoS, interrupt, stuns.
Phase 3: Now the last fight: this is Nightbane 2.0.
He will just on your face and leave a heavy ticking dmg pool under you, make sure that you leave it at the edge of the room and slowly move around. This does not do dmg to the party ! Only you.
He’ll do a dot on you that when it expires explodes for the targets current HP: Use the pools and bring yourself to around 50%ish, that way you can live a jump he will do and you will be low enough after that, so the dot wont do too much dmg to the part. Rince and repeat.
- April 6, 2017 at 13:19 #5087
Just some general tips guys that i found very useful doing this challenge, first is in phase 1 on the last set of adds
make the ranger add use the arrow that drains mana on the Granny , not the champion , it really helps alot since that champion is taking alot of dmg anyways
also something that i found was really important , before the last room u can change ur talent in lvl 75 from ancestral vigor (10% more hp), to ancestral protection totem ( Ankh totem) thats because increasing the adds hp while trying to top them off asap isnt really smart i’d say , also as for ankh totem , if u die u can ankh there as a shaman , so its really nice to have that
these were 2 tips that i found very useful , sadly i didnt record my challenge , but i wish u all good luck
- April 6, 2017 at 13:25 #5088
also 1 more thing u guys , u can actually go down the stairs on last boss if ur out of room , he doesnt reset or anything
- April 14, 2017 at 19:23 #5097
Completed mine last night on the second time Mage Tower was up. I got 40 tries in on the first mage tower, and this time completed it on the fifth try. I only got past phase 1 twice – it’s by far the hardest phase. The huge difference between last week and this week was Bloodlust Helm, our new Golden Trait, and 4/4 Buffeting Waves. The combined power of these three made the challenge pretty trivial compared to last week :/
Talents I used were Undulation, Crashing Waves, Gust of Wind, LST, EotE, Ascendance, and AV and I don’t really see any reason not to go this route.
Bloodlust Helm + Roots of Shaladrassil. The other legendaries I had were boots, waist, and ring. All 3 are pretty awful.
Gear was ilvl 901 with about 30% crit, 8% haste and 105% mastery. I used 905 Dreadstone (from Cathedral) and 880 Brinewater Slime. I used the four piece set as well bypassing the helm and legs for my legendaries.
This guy does a phenomenal job of explaining the fights and guiding you through – highly recommend 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.