Please help with my resto shaman

Homepage Forums Link your logs Please help with my resto shaman

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xukisy 1 month ago.

• Author

zerohms
    Participant

I understand if you cannot provide too much detail since I only have a couple of heroic logs, but I must be doing something inherently wrong with my gear or healing rotation because my parses on wowlogs are very bad.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6hqJL3xZfzntjP7/

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/abgjqxV14cDwyrzp/

I have another H Tos attempt tomorrow night, I will post those when I get them.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

xukisy
    Participant

You are healing with a very strong Resto Druid which from your logs they are mopping up a lot of the group healing which is the Shammy strength. If your raid is making the kills then healing is good. The boss kill determines if the healing was good. If your team is keeping the raid nice and steady without those “oh s#@&” moments then all good.

To improve on the logs then cast more Chain Heal. It seems very low in all your fights. I know a lot a Shaman don’t like Chain Heal spam but there is a reason so many use it and why this forum is named “Chain Heal”. In my case it’s my top heal by a fair margin. I pumped 900k  HPS on Demonic Inquisition with some quality Chain Heal spam. Here is the log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2mbjVnBfwPCQqT36#fight=1&type=healing

zerohms
    Participant

Xukisy, thanks a lot for the feedback, I thought that definitely might be the case, and I was being a little timid with mana and also not following ABC.

I took your advice and was more liberal with my Chain Heals, I also changed my talents around and started using Roots of Shaladrassil, which I realized I was underrating, I didn’t know it fed into Cloudburst Totem.

Here are the logs from tonight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bawxTz3KfP6VDFBW/

Let me know if you see anything in the new talent build I’m using that I can improve on. My parses shot up from before, so I’m super pleased. I always appreciate any extra constructive criticism though.

Thanks again!

xukisy
    Participant

Try out the High Tide talent on the level 100 row when you are casting Chain Heal frequently. I find Wellspring more situational while High Tide is my go to for a Chain Heal fight. It heals for so much more and it’s solid increase in the power of your chain heal. Look at Vixxi’s spell balance on the Demonic Inquisition fight.

Your Critical Strike is very low. When your heals crit not only do you get double heals but you also get mana back in return. I would love to get more crit myself but I haven’t had the right pieces drop. I’d suggest switching your enchants from Mastery to Crit and try switch in more crit when you have gear available. This will give you the mana returns you need for the long fights. Your neck, ring, shoulder and waist are slots you could prioritize without sacrificing your 4 piece bonus.

Just remember you are running with other group healers so if you want to pump more heals on the logs look at timing your spells so they land just after the damage occurs. If you are merely topping off the group then your Mastery is not doing much for you but when your spells land on low health targets you heal for a good deal more. Always prioritize the lowest health target as the person to cast your heals on.

My group has just started on Fallen Avatar and your current healing style is actually very good for it so keep this in mind since the group is really spread out which limits the Chain Heal/Healing Rain combo and you need to cast more single target heals. From our first few attempts it does not look like a Resto Shaman friendly fight.

Other than that it looks like you have a really good balance in your spell rotation so it’s more gear/talent change which will make the difference for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.