Mythic Tyrant logs, looking for where i can improve

Homepage Forums Link your logs Mythic Tyrant logs, looking for where i can improve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Scogg
      Participant

Hello, I have been looking into my logs a lot more recently as my guild just killed Tyrant tonight, and are getting ready to tackle the last three bosses of the tier. I used some of what I saw on your log analysis page to calculate my riptide and chain heal usage which looked good, but my elemental blast uptime was lacking. I was wondering if another set of eyes could see anything else i could improve on?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9hvLZnbpqDNYKj1m

Dorelei
      Keymaster

Hi there! And gratz on your Velhari mythic kill :D! The main thing I’m noticing is how you prioritize Healing Surge. This is not very odd in progression and perhaps the first few kills (to use it a bit more often). But I do get the impression you’re focussing more on healing up the people with the debuff than you have to. Shamans are rediculously strong on this fight in keeping up the raid. I’d say, see what it does for you if you focus more on healing the raid than getting individual people up (read: chain heal). You seem to have a paladin and disc priest in your setup. Usually those can manage quite well in dealing with the debuffs.

Also, did you only use Spirit Link once on the kill? If so, then you’re better off switching to Ancestral Swiftness – or use Spirit Link at least 3 (?) times.

I see you starting out casting healing waves, even though a few people are not on full hp. Try pushing Chain Heal instead. I see you casting Healing Surge when a bunch are not on full HP, just one a bit lower. Try pushing Chain Heal instead. You have a Paladin and a Disc Priest… they’ll dive no that player. Just use the lowest player as your Chain Heal target perhaps. When you starting pushing Chain Heal more, you might need Elemental Blast more too (just because you may be a bit more mana hungry) – even though Healing Surges are quite costly too. You didn’t use a potion once. You could have spent so much more mana, or used an intellect pot to boost one of your healing moments.

Overall – drop the single target healing. Focus more on raid healing and everything that belongs to that. Look back at your fight times (just under 6 minutes. Calculate your optimal cooldown usage and plan those accordingly. Start using potions. And if you’re not using spirit link that most, please use ancestral swiftness. #chainheallife 😛

Scogg
      Participant

Ok, I will try to push chain heal more next week when we go back to it. Also I dropped link three times, once in the beginning of P2 and twice in P3. I didn’t find a good time in phase 2 between our other healers drinking to potion myself, and its not really useful enough in p3, but i will be more demanding about getting my mana pot in. Thank you for the tips, I’ll post a follow up log of our next kill.

Dorelei
        Keymaster

My bad! I was looking at buffs instead of casts, my apologies. You indeed used it three times. Should you find yourself using it less in the future, then consider Ancestral Swiftness :P.

The Chain Heal thing still really stands indeed. I went through a similar kind of curve.. starting out by using Healing Surge more and ending up just pushing everything I could with Chain Heal and straining my mana. Curious to see if you can get the results you’re after!

Keehn

Hello, a little tip for numbers 🙂

By the looks of it you’re running with Rushing Streams on Tyrant, if you want to pick up on numbers I would advice you to take Conductivity instead. The boss is very stationary until phase 3, where you have to place Healing Rain with a slight use of your brain.

It should give massive healing increase and especially for p2 where you can transfer those healing rain casts into chain heals and spend mana more efficiently.

(Taken from an old log due to slack on my end) I have a 2 minute shorter fight where my healing rain did close to 3 times the amount of yours, but I also cast it more frequently, 11 casts on 4 minutes to your 7 casts on ~6 minutes.

Scogg
      Participant

So after much time dpsing because of the dreaded late expansion roster boss, i finally have a follow up log. We five healed the fight which lowers my numbers a bit, and i still out healed my previous parse by around 30k. Thank you guys for the tips!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wGKz8rcQmNMLVbZT#type=healing&source=6

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.