Improvements?

Homepage Forums Link your logs Improvements?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Halûcinogen 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Shammyspice
    Participant

Not sure I’m 100% happy with my healing…for the most part I’m comfortable but I’m having a LITTLE trouble tracking the riptides I get from my 4pc. I use ElvUI and I haven’t figured out how to display an icon on players that obtain riptide on them when applied through the 4pc. I do my best to rotate who I am chain healing off of, but it feels like I’m overriding them too often and my high tide bounces aren’t as high as I’d like. I look at logs myself quite often and it would appear I average 5 to 5.3 players per chain heal on most fights but it feels like it should be more than 5?

Anyway, feel free to dig in! Thanks in advance! <3

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/135777/latest

Dasafak
    Participant

Heya, the 4pc riptide is a different spell ID to the normal riptide, you have to go into your filters and add spell ID 185875 under buff indicators. From memory you have to offset it slightly as it defaults to the same position as your normal RT.

Shammyspice
    Participant

AHA, I knew there had to be a way to do this but I didn’t know how to find the ID for it.
    Thanks! 🙂 This will be most helpful.

Halûcinogen

In my opinion you should be only focused on which targets you have your normal riptides on. Reason you should be focused only on normal riptides is cuz you really dont want to cast normal riptide on same person 2 times before it expire and if you riptide target that has 4pc one already on him you will simple have 2 riptides on guy which is totally fine. Only thing you should be doing to make your 4set work is to simple cast chain heal most of time on target without riptide on. Hope i was clear enough but if you didnt understand well just tell me , dont have time to go into logs now but ill look at it later on.

Shammyspice
    Participant

I generally ONLY double riptide(normal/manual riptide and 4pc CH riptide) tanks, otherwise I’m focusing on chain healing folks without any riptides on them. I *do* occasionally override a manual riptide on tanks, if I think I won’t be getting to manually riptide them for a short-time…say when I know there’s about to be a lot of AOE damage going out and I know I’ll be chain heal spamming for the next 10 seconds or so, I’ll override a riptide(on a tank or both) that is getting close to expiring prior to that damage going out. Hope that makes sense!

No rush on those logs, I know you guys do this voluntarily on your own time, so whenever you’re able to get to it is just fine! 🙂 I appreciate the advice!

Keehn
    Participant

Well then I don’t feel bad for not having looked at them yet 😀

Will go over them sometime tomorrow though!

Keehn
    Participant

Okay sat down and looked it over, here are my notes!

I would agree with Halu here, the most important thing is to track if the target has a riptide already on him. Right now you should prioritize people without any riptides on, to keep as many of them rolling as possible and add value to High Tide. You can play around it and place both riptides on seperate locations (As Dasafak said) and try to optimize that way.
    Regarding Chain Heal bounces, an average of above 5 is fine, it ensures that you at least get 1 extra jump of chain on every cast. Having 6 would be nearly impossible to achieve, anything above 5.5 is exceptionel in my opinion. Just try to not go below 5 to get most out of it, but it comes down to the amount of riptides you have out.

First of all, I see that you ran with riptide glyph on a raid night (4 casts in 4 seconds on Kormrok triggered it for me). Generally this should never be picked up, mainly because of how our current 4p works. When glyphing it you will reduce the amount of initial healing Riptide does, and this also affect those procced by 4p. On top of that with 4p we have so many out, that there should be no reason for you to want any more. I can see that you didn’t have 4p at the time though, I would still not pick it up, because of the sheer amount of value riptide loses by reducing initial heal by a massive chunk.
    Other than that, when you are not using the glyph your riptide uses are overall pretty decent, somewhere a bit on the low end with 9 seconds in between. HST looks fine as well. Elemental Blast could be better, it really depends on how you like your mana (but it would still be optimal to hurl it close to on cd).

I noticed that you have a lot of Unleash Life casts (22 on a Socrethar kill), sometimes these are being used while stationary. You should try not to, you have many other spells that are far superior in this case, it should in any case be saved for when movement is required. The spell is just so strong during movement due to the speed increase and being instant that not having it will be painful, and sometimes force you to pop ghost wolf (ultimately wasted gcd). I myself tend to overuse ghost wolf, and it is simply just a bad habbit that you have to forcefully remember yourself not to. (Could unbind but that would be reckless and stupid xD)

Your mana curves are great, although sometimes you end the fight without having used any potion. I know it is a minor thing, but utilizing all options are usually what brings out the extra numbers. Same with getting 100% use out of cooldowns, sometiems they were used only a single time on a 7 minute pull. 😀

Hope this can be serve as a start.

Shammyspice
    Participant

Thanks for taking a look! Here’s some responses to your observations:

I never EVER run with riptide glyph. It’s very possible you happened to look at a log from some time ago where I was playing with the riptide glyph(likely prior to obtaining my 4pc) to see what difference I would see number-wise. I quickly determined it did indeed suck! I missed the initial heal far too much AND especially with my using EoE most of the time makes the glyph even more useless. So no its not a glyph I use ever.

When it comes to using UE a lot, this is also another reason why I like EoE so much(over AS, say). I can be using UE to boost chain heals(or very occasionally, a direct heal) while also saving a charge if I know I have to move soon. During encounters where I know I’m just going to be stationary for awhile, why not get some use out of it? I would say I’m PRETTY good about saving a charge for when I know I’m going to move, but not always perfect of course. Would you say I should completely stop unleashing to boost chain heals altogether? Just wondering if this is a habit I should actively be trying to break out of…

Keehn
    Participant

Yeah it was a very old log with the riptide glyph, and it did only happen that one time. 😀

Well the thing with UE is though, that if you have to stand still you would be better off casting any other heal because of how weak UE is (Looking at raw numbers here). It does buff our next heal, and that will make it usable in very certain cases. This being when entire raid is already topped and you know a big hit is inbound to justify popping it. I do so myself sometimes, but only when there is literally nothing else to do. It is something of a habit to break, because it was so insanely powerful to use during SoO, which is where I think it might’ve stuck.

Shammyspice
    Participant

Yeah that sounds about right…I *thought* that was something implemented into our rotation in SoO. Guess I’ll start actively trying to break myself of that habit, at least as often as I’m using it. 🙂

Halûcinogen

I personally prefer EoE over AS but you should not use UE when you are not moving. Its waste of gcd and its much better to use ele blast or spread riptides around to set up good chain heal spam for upcoming dmg. In Soo UE was buffing healing rain and it was way too good to pass on it, in current state its really only good to use while moving simple to get speed buff.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.