Hi, I need some help to improve

Home Forums Link your logs Hi, I need some help to improve

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cally voigt 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Cally
    voigt
    Participant

Well, I usually play healers.

Lately, I’ve been feeling “My heals are not that good”

And even when I see better logs… I KNOW that it can be better. I´ve been messing with my build and re-messing it, to figure it out.
    So, if someone could please give me some tips that could help…  Or even, sit and have a nice long talk on that… I´d appreciate.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9550534/latest

Character name: Cally (from Goldrinn US server)

Battletag: Carolinha#1828

Thanks in Advance.

PS.: I posted the rank log, since with it, is easily to find my tries.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Cally voigt.
    Profile photo of Cindraz
    cindraz
    Participant

Are you logged out in your resto gear? I see your logged out in Elemental spec. If that is your resto gear it wouldnt hurt you to get your mastery up (I personally focus on gear that is Crit Mastery and try to avoid the rest and replace it when I can) and I would ditch wellspring completely.

Profile photo of Cally
    voigt
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot her in the Elemental, yes.
    But I’ll leave her with resto.
    hmmm I’ve been really unlucky with trinkets.
    Will try to buy one crafted, since mine is way too bad

Profile photo of skunkh
      skunkh
      Participant

So just by looking at what you casted on Skorpyron during the fight I just have a few suggestions that might help your HPS.

Cast Healing Rain as soon as it’s off c/d – The placement of this will really make a difference as well so you will need to place it most likely in melee or where ever you see the most ‘bodies’

Cast Healing Steam Totem every time it’s up – it looks like you only casted it 5 times in a 6 minute fight, should be a lot more.

When using Cloudburst – you really need to align it with incoming damage and have it explode at the right time; I personally only use cloudburst for select fights where I really know I can time it correctly for my heals to boost it and for it to explode and heal at the right time.

Gift of the Queen – should be used a lot more, this should be used on c/d as it doesn’t cost you any mana

Really a lot about a shaman is c/d management – just learning the fights and knowing when to use your big c/ds will also help your HPS alot.

Profile photo of Poran
    poran
    Participant

Hi Voigt!

I find that a priority system is the best way to approach healing on a Shaman.. Personally, if i know the fight has a lot of AOE damage i will use the Healing Rain, Gift of the Queen, Chain heal, totems route.. However, when i know the fight is more tank based damage and focused raid damage phases.i stick more with Riptide, HW, and Healing surge. Obvioulsy, i utilize Gift whenever it seems necessary but I dont find it prudent to cast a spell just because its on CD if it costs mana or not.  Personally, I find that awareness of an encounter beforehand is the best way to prepare to be a great healer..knowing which phases need AOE Healing and Where the tanks take damage. For example, in M+ i almost exclusively use my CD’s on trash packs since thats where the worst damage occurs.. it is effective to keep your HST totem up on CD regardless of the encounter. In my opinion, Anticipating damage phases prior to them happening is the most effective healing tool..watch your DBM timers for those phases you know need a CD Such as the Orb of Destruction or Slam on Krosus and blow a CD and start casting those big heals right as they are needed..in healing Timing is everything..

Dont’ stress about healing meters…the best raid is the one where all the players are alive and the Bosses are dead..sometimes i find that the ranged are being neglected so i give them the love, sometimes i focus on the Melee and keep my Helaing Rain on them on CD..other times its the tanks that need the love..Be aware! Learn the encounters and be ready! Practice makes perfect!

Profile photo of Cally
    voigt
    Participant

Hello!!! Thank you, so much for your response!

So just by looking at what you casted on Skorpyron during the fight I just have a few suggestions that might help your HPS.

Cast Healing Rain as soon as it’s off c/d – The placement of this will really make a difference as well so you will need to place it most likely in melee or where ever you see the most ‘bodies’

Cast Healing Steam Totem every time it’s up – it looks like you only casted it 5 times in a 6 minute fight, should be a lot more.

When using Cloudburst – you really need to align it with incoming damage and have it explode at the right time; I personally only use cloudburst for select fights where I really know I can time it correctly for my heals to boost it and for it to explode and heal at the right time.

Gift of the Queen – should be used a lot more, this should be used on c/d as it doesn’t cost you any mana

Really a lot about a shaman is c/d management – just learning the fights and knowing when to use your big c/ds will also help your HPS alot.

Thank you! Yes, I´ve been watching that also!! But I’ll pay more attention. I’ve been trying to keep up my totems, and keep the link for high damage moments, or when the group need to have their lives hmmm optimized, (You know, almost fully healed) and so.

Of course, sometimes I use it, focusing against the high damage, but I already have a totem for that.

Hi Voigt!

I find that a priority system is the best way to approach healing on a Shaman.. Personally, if i know the fight has a lot of AOE damage i will use the Healing Rain, Gift of the Queen, Chain heal, totems route.. However, when i know the fight is more tank based damage and focused raid damage phases.i stick more with Riptide, HW, and Healing surge. Obvioulsy, i utilize Gift whenever it seems necessary but I dont find it prudent to cast a spell just because its on CD if it costs mana or not.  Personally, I find that awareness of an encounter beforehand is the best way to prepare to be a great healer..knowing which phases need AOE Healing and Where the tanks take damage. For example, in M+ i almost exclusively use my CD’s on trash packs since thats where the worst damage occurs.. it is effective to keep your HST totem up on CD regardless of the encounter. In my opinion, Anticipating damage phases prior to them happening is the most effective healing tool..watch your DBM timers for those phases you know need a CD Such as the Orb of Destruction or Slam on Krosus and blow a CD and start casting those big heals right as they are needed..in healing Timing is everything..

Dont’ stress about healing meters…the best raid is the one where all the players are alive and the Bosses are dead..sometimes i find that the ranged are being neglected so i give them the love, sometimes i focus on the Melee and keep my Helaing Rain on them on CD..other times its the tanks that need the love..Be aware! Learn the encounters and be ready! Practice makes perfect!

You see, I usually agree with that. Since I´m the only healer (In my core, of course) that if people don´t need heal, I don´t cast it. 

I’ve been working on learning more and more about the fights. But I feel a lot relieved to read that.

My metters are not so high (But it did raise =) from the start, of course) and more I learn, more I antecipate the right time for healing.

Like, yesterday, I felt great. When I watched all the other Healers at Tichondrius dying and being out of mana… And kept on healing and keeping whoever I could, alive.

But I’m uneasy with the metters, not because of others, or ranking thing, but, when we get stronger, people get spanked harder… lol. So I’m afraid I won´t be able to help then.

But your advices are great… Will pay more attention to those timings… and try to make it better.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.