HI am Koore, the resto shaman Elvenbane asked about :)

Home Forums Link your logs HI am Koore, the resto shaman Elvenbane asked about :)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elvenbane elvenbane 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Koore
    koore
    Participant

If you could find the time is there anyway you could help my friend and i figure this problem out? I would rly love to contribute more to my raid team 🙂
    Looking to get a review of our resto shaman because she’s underperforming and I don’t know enough about what to look for to identify the problem areas myself.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Koore/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T3F9wdj7hqnaWfKB#type=healing&source=6
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/57823/8/#boss=0&metric=hps
    I’m sure part of it is that we run with a Disc priest but she’s consistently doing about half the healing of our other healers.
    Thanks for your time.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Flarock Flarock.
    Profile photo of Koore
    koore
    Participant

ooo that did not go as planned lol one sec 🙂

Looking to get a review of our resto shaman because she’s underperforming and I don’t know enough about what to look for to identify the problem areas myself.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Koore/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T3F9wdj7hqnaWfKB#type=healing&source=6

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/57823/8/#boss=0&metric=hps

I’m sure part of it is that we run with a Disc priest but she’s consistently doing about half the healing of our other healers.
    Thanks for your time.
    there that should be better!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Flarock Flarock.
    Profile photo of Koore
    koore
    Participant

lol hang tight getting eb to help me lol

Profile photo of Elvenbane
    elvenbane
    Participant

ya…. so that happened.

Profile photo of Flarock
    Flarock
    Keymaster

I changed your posts so all the redundant HTML is no longer in the way. 😉

Maybe something went wrong with using the ‘Visual’ and ‘Text’ tabs when posting?

Profile photo of Dorelei
    Dorelei
    Keymaster

Hi Koore!

As indicated in the guideline section, it is difficult to give detailed feedback on heroic encounters. But we will try to give you guys something to work with.

Quick pointers

• Swap your weapon enchant for the mastery one.
    • Try running Totemic Projection. Moving totems (most notably Spirit Link and Capacitator) helps damage mitigation a lot. Just learn which totems you can’t use at the same time (check this page for an overview)

Cooldowns and uptimes

First of all, you seem to be over healing encounters slightly to a lot. 3 Healers on 11 people is very generous in terms of heals. What will happen is that shielders (disc priest / paladins) dominate the meters. In terms of optimizing cooldown usage, you can gain a lot. Generally, you want to use you big output cooldowns as much as you can in a fight. Shamans are very cooldown dependent. Those cooldowns are:

• Healing Tide (uptime very low – this is a huge potential output loss);
    • Ascendance (uptime even lower – another huge potential output loss) – When Ascendance is up, spam chain heal as much as possible. Totem healing does not count for ascendance so you want to use direct output heals.
    • Yes there is also Spirit Link, but that is a damage mitigation cooldown and not an output cooldown. So try to use this at smart times, but it is not changing your output.

The following output spells should be used whenever they come off cooldown:

• Healing Stream Totem (uptimes a bit off – are you getting distracted?);
    • Riptide (decent uptime);
    • Elemental Blast (uptime a bit low > try to keep it up more to increase your overall regen).

Other than that, you weave in spells, most notably Chain Heal. The other spells (Healing Wave, Healing Surge, Healing Rain) are used as fillers when useful.

We suggest you start reflecting on fights and your cooldown usage. Look at how long the fight lasts and calculate cooldowns accordingly. If a fight lasts 5 minutes, you can probably squeeze in Healing Tide and Ascendance twice. Which you want to do, since it is such a big part of your healing. You don’t have to squeeze the maximum at all costs, but if you can do a ‘sneaky healing tide’ in the first 30 seconds of the fight to get some extra healing off – why not use it!

Trinkets

You are currently using the leech trinket. Are you two aware that this healing does not show up on the traditional meters? You can download a Skada add-on from Curse that will add this to the healing totals, giving you a better insight in the actual healing.
    Additionally, you are using the class trinket which is suboptimal. Try replacing this for the Demonic Phylactery if you can get your hands on it (even the normal version). It is the strongest trinket out there and our absolute number one.

Hopefully this is helpful to you :).

Profile photo of Elvenbane
    elvenbane
    Participant

Are you two aware that this healing does not show up on the traditional meters

Yes. I’m less concerned with the overall healing numbers than ensuring the play style is correct.

Going to add the advice that I got from Cannibehealz and Sensations to the thread so it’s in one place.

Cannibehealz:

Regarding your Resto Shamans – it would appear that on top of overhealing the content there are two glaring issues. The first being that they are not aggressive enough with their casting habits. The both of them are on the bottom of the casts count for the encounter. While Chain Heal is a longer cast, they should not be THAT far below others. if you’re continuing to cast at all times, you will likely see an average mid 720s shaman manage around 30 casts per minute. Your shamans are both under 25 at 21 and 24. On top of this, they manage to overlap cooldowns a significant amount and under use them. First HTT being over 4.5 mins into the fight for both of them, they both lost 1 use each. They also only used Asc once each and not until late. Both of these abilities are free healing and should be maximized at all times.

Sensations:

During his Ascendance, he didn’t have a HR down, didn’t use CH or pre-setup riptides for max bounces, it was also used at a very poor time. Ascendance requires some setup to be used at the max(HR down, ~3-4 riptides out, and just spamming CH).

His Healing Stream Totem usage was very poor, he had the potential of 12 healing stream totems yet he only placed 5. This is huge when you run the talent Rushing Streams, which it looks like he’s running.

His Chain heal only bounced 5.3x on average, it can bounce 6x per cast. This means he was either Chain Healing players not close enough to others, or he didn’t have enough riptides out for the extra 2 bounces to bounce to.

He had 5 healing rain cast, with the maximum potential for 36. In this scenario and type of fight he should’ve had at least 10-12 healing rains if not more.

Basically he needs to remember to utilize his management abilities. HST near on cd, Healing rain when you know damage is coming. He needs to watch his Ascendance usage, it’s a huge spell in our arsenal, he needs to setup for it properly. He needs to manage riptide better with chain heal, Chain Heal is our bread and butter, the term spamming CH is very real, a 6 bounce CH(If enough riptides are out and in range) does significant healing and will make or break a shaman, especially during Ring and Ascendance. Seems like he’s just misplaying the micro game, maybe larger notifications/weakauras can help.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Elvenbane elvenbane.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.