First real raid as a resto shaman

Home Forums Link your logs First real raid as a resto shaman

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eeiyy eeiyy 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eeiyy
    eeiyy
    Participant

Good evening 🙂 ,

I just recently found this page and think its great!
    I’ve been healing all of my wow carreer, but never done a resto shaman before. So I was wondering if you could give me some pointers, the logs are from Nythendra and Ursoc heroic, we had 20 wipes on Ursoc, and I recon most of them was due to healing issues.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K4M9XZANrzjgxGqD#fight=3&source=7

Ursoc: In hindsight I should have been using cloudburst, but I didn’t feel comfortable timing it at all, so it felt it was going to waste. And utilized spiritwalkers grace more than I did. And my healing rains are terrible due to my bad placement I guess.

Any and all help, tips, or pointers is much appreciated.

Edit; Adding normal logs aswell if they might help paint a picture
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JAdwq6mxNBjW3MHg#source=4

• This topic was modified 10 months ago by Profile photo of Eeiyy eeiyy.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m rubbish at feedback but I’ll give it a go! First thing I noticed was that you’re not using Gift of the Queen very often… definitely try and use that more if you’ve got a few people you can fit into it. It costs no mana (yay) and does quite a lot of healing. Ursoc can be a bad fight for Healing Rain due to the frequent movement, though it helps a bit if you can anticipate where and when the raid is about to move before he does his bellow/roar thing (forgot the name of it!).

I don’t use Cloudburst either, but I think that’s down to personal preference. Keep an eye on your HST uptime though, try and get a weak aura for it if you don’t have one already. Riptide tends to be my top heal as well at the minute, it’s very strong. Single target/spot healing is definitely our thing at the minute IMO.

Speccing into Crashing Waves as opposed to Ancestral Guidance may help you a bit as well. All your other talents seem fine to me. I tend to go with High Tide in raids because we have a big raid group (30 people on heroic). Crashing Waves gives you an extra Tidal Waves buff though and since you’re single target healing quite a lot anyway that’s definitely worth having. I also like having Echo of the Elements together with Torrent… those Riptide initial heals are great for people who are really low.

I hope this helps a bit… smarter people than me might come along and give you better feedback. 😀

Profile photo of Eeiyy
    eeiyy
    Participant

Thank for the answer 🙂
    Yeah, I keep forgetting that gift of the queen is there. Tried crashing waves and really liked it so gonna use it more.

Got a trinket question aswell; I was superlucky and got a 850 stat one with mastery, and also got the mastery “use” trinket from HoV, does the use scale with mastery? Or should i just stick to the stat one? Any recomendations?
    Heres a few more logs from sundays progress raid;  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TA2Dv9KnfmaXJcNH#type=summary&source=1&fight=10

Edit; Can’t fix the formating on the last sentence, sorry for that :/

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Eeiyy eeiyy.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Eeiyy eeiyy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.