First Draft of my Personal Resto Sham Collective

Homepage Forums Shaman lounge First Draft of my Personal Resto Sham Collective

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nop Nop 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Nop
    Nop
    Participant

I started this pet project today for a guildie who alts his Shaman in HFC. He asked me for some general pointers in regards to resto. I was so happy that he wanted my help that I decided to write a google doc about Resto Shaman. It ended up going on a lot more indepth than I initially intended but I think the content is there. It consists of basic stat priority and talent choices. Along with a spirit breakdown on how its calculated. I was hoping my fellow Water Walkers could give this first draft a look over and toss some thoughts around. I used the talent and stat sections of chainheal for reference along with a blog post by Canibehealz from one of his BiS Shaman gearing posts. Credit where credit is due <3, links are in the doc where outside sources were used.

Love this website, and would love some feedback on my first written Resto “Guide” sort of.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dKeb-Qe4-d2Ca6UQ_uyevK8At7a3Ajl-aQUPiEdSZto/edit#gid=0

I guess I ended up wanting to have a DoC that collected information from different websites that I could keep updated into legion, which will probably mean i’ll have to rewrite the spirit calculation page cause blizz loves to mess with our MP5.

Much Love, Nop

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Nop Nop. Reason: Bad Grammar, rip
    Profile photo of Keehn
    Keehn
    Participant

Okay a little bit of feedback! (Of course we are allowed to have different opinions)

First thing that I spot is that you put http://www.wowhead.com/spell=16166/elemental-mastery as a lvl 90 talent instead of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=117013/primal-elementalist. And then you mention Unleashed Fury as the ‘other’ option to Elemental Blast, I dunno I would say that Unleashed Fury only has value on really certain scenarios. I would rather pick Primal Elementalist if I had the mana to sustain without Elemental Blast.

Then for Glyphs, Cleansing Waters should never be a ‘baseline pick’ since you don’t use dispell on every single fight and when you do, you’re not necessarily dispelling a target low enough to benefit from the heal. (Would swap it with Glyph of healing wave for most fights (OR flame shock if you have 100% uptime))
    Then recommending glyph of riptide, I hate that glyph with a passion and stating that ‘The healing reduction is only the burst component of Riptide, the HoT remains so it’s not much of a loss’, I completely disagree. The reason why I love Riptide is because it’s a powerful instant heal for every scenario. Furthermore the procced riptides from our T18 4p will also trigger the burst healing from Riptide, so if you run with this glyph you’ll only nerf the healing done by your 4p. (I would never consider using this glyph outside of fights where being stationary is an impossibility)
    For Archimonde I really find it difficult to find moments where Echo is just top notch, especially when having mythic in mind.

Spirit, I don’t really see the point in calculating the base spirit you have and what it’ll do to your regen, the only interesting part is how items with spirit or otherwise mana affecting capabilities impact your ability to regen/save mana. Which will be a fun thing to quantify in Legion, since regen will only be available on trinkets. (hopefully in the shape of something like Demonic Phylactery) πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Keehn Keehn.
    Profile photo of Dorelei
    Dorelei
    Keymaster

With regard toΒ ‘glyph of riptide’, it has known its good days, just not now with our set bonusses. πŸ˜›

Profile photo of Nop
    Nop
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response guys! I didn’t notice when I was writing that I messed up the talent order (doh). I’ll fix that, along with re ordering the glyph suggested choices. I think I have just run with Cleansing waters for so long I forgot about why I used it to begin with.

Making some changes and rewording some of the sections in the glyphs/talents. I added a few Notes about your suggestions in the glyph and talent sections revolving around Riptide/Cleansing Waters

The spirit section was mostly just me being bored and wanting to know how spirit functions. As I wasn’t aware that it has a DR above your Base. (so any spirit added by gear is immediately devalued) I think that kind of stuff is cool πŸ˜›

<3 – Nop

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Nop Nop.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Nop Nop.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.