Clique or Healbot?? Need Help Deciding

Home Forums Shaman lounge Clique or Healbot?? Need Help Deciding

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sunnohh sunnohh 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Kaughks
    araren
    Participant

So, I’ve really fallen in love with the Resto-Shaman class and have been doing my best to watch and learn and utilize as many tolls as I can to make me as successful as possibly. I’ve come to a point now, however, where I must make a choice: what healing addon will best streamline the process, Clique or Healbot. I’ve experimented with both a little (healbot moreso) but am having trouble deciding between the two I don’t want a ton of clutter. I’ve done my best to learn, but I was hoping some folks could share which of these two they’d recommend for resto shamans, and even possibly go the extra mile and tell me what bindings you use, as that’s something I’m having a hard time settling on as well.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Kaughks araren.
    Profile photo of Seramana
    sera
    Participant

Vudho!

I am an ex healbot user and was put on to Vudho by a guildy, hesitent at first as I had used healbot for years but I am glad I made the change. While it took awhile to set up as its a very customisable healing frames addon, its just amazing, and while I havent used Clique, so I cant comment on the comparison between the two,  but its def much better than healbot imo..

Try watching some tutorials first perhaps and then give it a go.

Profile photo of Nihilith
    nihilith

I personally used Vuhdo for years, mostly with mouseover macros with only dispel and chainheal/single target heal bound to key (left and right mouse button). A couple of years ago I made the switch over to using only the ElvUI raid frames (since you can add pretty much anything you want tracked to it these days) and I still use that in combination with mouseover macros and Clique (dispel left button, chain heal right). As a healer what frames you use is such a personal prefrence (same as where you put them on your screen) I’d say neither one is better than the other, as long as it gives you the information you need use whatever you feel more comfortable with imo. The advantages to mouseover macros I find is that they work even when addons don’t, handy if you do beta testing or addons haven’t been updated and you need to turn them off for that reason.

Profile photo of xander
    xander
    Participant

I’ve used Clique with Grid before and the combination worked well enough.  Right now I’m just using the base UI.

Profile photo of gremlingrizz
    grizz92
    Participant

i use clique with elvui right now but vuhdo is still really good healbot is kind of meh idk

Profile photo of Sack
    sack
    Participant

I’ve used Healbot, Clique, Vuhdoo, etc. to quite an extent and at the end of it all I came to the conclusion that mouse over macros were by far the most efficient way to heal. I personally use Grid 2 for my frames as I find them the most compact / easiest to optimize / best looking when modified. Aside from being able to keep the boss as your target at all times just to be able to maintain a Flame Shock or if you’re in a dungeon and need to Wind Shear, I find pressing a key much easier / faster / more efficient than clicking, especially when you have to press a button and click. When I finally switched over to mouse over macros I noticed my responsiveness when it comes to target healing went up overall. I initially went to mouse over healing when I was playing my Mistweaver Monk due to the fact that clicking off the boss would stop my auto attacks, once I realized how quick and efficient mouse over healing was, I never looked back. Here’s an example of what a mouse over macro looks like:

#showtooltip Healing Surge
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help,][exists,nodead,help][@player] Healing Surge

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Sack sack.
    Profile photo of Sunnohh
    sunnohh
    Participant

Until WoD i never ever use any of this heal addons. Then a friend give me Clique just to mouseover heals. I still use Clique with grid and its very helpful!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.