4/10 H NH Needing improvement please help :D

Homepage Forums Link your logs 4/10 H NH Needing improvement please help :D

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tommybashama 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

shamhark
    Participant

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GjaRQP7tZKD6FTCq/

I feel like my numbers are a bit low, although i do not have any paragon points into my weapon. (Just got my 34th point so they will be coming.) If you guys have any tips for me to improve my numbers / healing throughput let me know please and thank you!

cafnan
    Participant

Hi shamhark,

Took a look at your logs from your H Krosus fight and it appears you are not taking advantage of one of your main AOE spells: Healing Rain. Krosus is basically the easiest fight for shamans to heal because its just massive raid damage. That being said, you should ALWAYS have healing rain on cooldown. I took a look at my H Krosus logs and found that Healing Rain accounted for nearly 10% of my overall heals with chain heal at 23.38%.  For you, healing rain was only a mere 3.78%. I did take a look at your raid combination and having two resto druids will definitely reduce the amounts of heals you do on a fight like this (due to tranq and wild growth). However, like I said, you should probably try to use healing rain more often as well as cast more!

Also, I’d recommend moving away from CBT and try echo instead. CBT is very situational and you have to be good about knowing when the raid is taking damage and using the totem at the correct time. I personally think it is a waste of mana and would rather have two riptides and take advantage of the riptide buff.

Hope this helps.

shamhark
    Participant

Thank you for responding back about my logs and what I can do to improve, I recently have realized that I also need to use Healing Wave/Surge more as well. I did an LFR with what you told me and weaving Healing Wave / surge in a bit and hit 400k Hps which makes me a lot happier. Again Thank you!

shamhark
    Participant

Here is an example of the difference between last week and this week Guldan NH -N

Last week  – https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R6L7zPjVk8caWqMn/#type=healing&source=19

This Week – https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wtTD1KCVxrmFYQAn/#type=healing&source=5

Huge difference thank you!

tommybashama
    Participant

Hey Shamhark,

Glad to see you’re improving already and making better use of your Healing Rain!  From your Gul’dan log this week, it looks like you’re doing all of the right things (primarily – Chain Healing).  You’re even making great use of your Tidal Waves into Healing Waves too, which will really shine once you get your hands on your 2 piece bonus.

Just something to keep in mind here.  On your kill last week, you had 7 healers out of a total 26 raid members. This week, it looks like you guys ran with 5 healers for 29 total raiders.  This means that you had more damage going out to more people this week with less healers to cover it –  which is a resto shaman’s dream!  Nice job logging well when it matters – kind of sucks when there’s too many healers I think.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.