Reply To: Throughput not high enough, looking for some guidance

Home Forums Link your logs Throughput not high enough, looking for some guidance Reply To: Throughput not high enough, looking for some guidance

Profile photo of Jonbear
jonbear
Participant

A good paladin will normally be above you on farm though (with 5 healers), our mastery doesn’t shine until progression (or if the raid is just taking alot more damage than they should be). I usually stat a bit more for crit than mastery on farm. I heal with a mistweaver monk and i never beat him on farm as he snipes all the heals with Revival :P. Pretty sure he waits for me to place healing tide…

I used to use Surge too much, and sometimes i still do (but only if i know i don’t need to conserve mana as much), but a tidal waves buffed healing wave is a fast and very efficient cast, so don’t underestimate it.

CBT timing is very fight dependent, and will take a while to perfect timings (in all honesty, i don’t use it on farm as i don’t need the extra aoe healing, plus i don’t want to respec between heroic bosses). First time we did Skorpyon on mythic I instantly chose it though, as it was much more needed.

You should, as you do the fights more, get used to when incoming damage is. For example on gul’dan you can use AG after fel meteors, or after slams on Krosus. So you can time Cloudburst around that, also there is no harm in activating it early, especially if it would benefit from AG or something (place cloudburst, get some healing into it, activate AG before it pops etc). Smart use of our cooldowns is where alot of our hps comes from.

I’d personally just focus on making sure you correctly utilize tidal wave stacks, keep HST up (it’s like our most mana efficient heal, by a margin i think), use your mini cooldowns as often as possible without wasting them. If i notice i’m struggling for hps on a boss wowprogress.com has kill videos, and you can choose to watch some other resto shamans do fights, which can help you learn some timings you might be missing. Alternatively this site has some log analysis guides that can help.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Jonbear jonbear.