Reply To: Help, please heal me to become a better Resto Shaman

Homepage Forums Link your logs Help, please heal me to become a better Resto Shaman Reply To: Help, please heal me to become a better Resto Shaman

Dorelei
Keymaster

Hey Ishkur,

Riptide is indeed in a very good place right now – there’s no wasting it.

The extent to which you make use of your tidal waves buffs really depends on how you play your shaman. If you play a crit heavy build, and (as a result) focus on casting riptide and chain heal, you won’t really play into tidal waves. As you spend those with single target heals (healing wave / healing surge). Know that this makes a difference, and make you choices accordingly.

The reason why Dunderz doesn’t play as much into chain heal on the Ilgynoth (eye boss) is because it’s a spot-heal heavy fight (great for holy priests and holy paladins). You’ll end up patching people up and healing DoTs quite a bit. Dragons, same in a way. Also, the raid is divided in half – which makes a difference. Xavius I don’t know the reason. I suggest you check the talent article we made, the guys explained their different builds on different bosses. Also, a lot of these casting patterns are influenced by the strategy the group uses on a fight.

When I look at your logs, I notice your cloudburst isn’t very effective. Neither are your other cooldowns (HTT and AG). In fact, healing stream out heals all of them. Now this could be due to cooldown distribution, but I’m guessing there are betting moments to pop your them. Check out our CBT article we published this week for more info on how to make that one work.

Hoping to be a little bit helpful,

Dorelei