Reply To: Is resto still the way to go for legion leveling?

Homepage Forums Shaman news and rumours Is resto still the way to go for legion leveling? Reply To: Is resto still the way to go for legion leveling?

drayvek
Participant

Hi, new to this site – I’m really enjoying it so far!

As for this question, I have a little different perspective.

Keep in mind that at some point I will likely be asked to dual spec for my team, so early points spent in an artifact other than Resto won’t be a long term waste for me.But even absent that, I would likely plan to level as Enh and then switch to raising my Resto artifact after 13 points in my Enh weapon. Some of the reasons won’t apply to everyone though.

• My wife is also a healer, so going +13 enh lets me dungeon with her as we get ready for raids.
  • It will also make me somewhat flexible in early heroic ED farming, as we probably won’t need every healer on our team to heal for those.
  • Finally, after some testing I do think it makes a big difference, not just during the 100 – 110 grind but more importantly in the farming of World Quests. Enh can put out pretty good AoE and has some nice DPS boosts on relatively short cool downs that help during that process. Plus, I get to leap across to enemies! For me at least, farming Suramar and World Quests became much less painful when I switched to Enh.
  • Also, the first 13 points in Enh don’t cost as much AP as the 14th point in any weapon, so you can think of it as I “nerfed” my Resto weapon by one point (and over time less than 1 point) by spending those first points in Enh. So for me it’s a low cost for a pretty big payoff.

So yeah, those reasons won’t apply to everyone so YMMV. 🙂