Reply To: 9/13M, looking for some input.

Homepage Forums Link your logs 9/13M, looking for some input. Reply To: 9/13M, looking for some input.

Dorelei
Keymaster

Hi Shalesia!

I can understand that you’re struggling to see numbers with 5 healers. Its been pretty much default (on most fights) to run 4 healers in progress (not farm). I personally can’t recall needing 5 healers on any of the fights. Doing so will obviously hurt your output since you’re a shaman and not a disc priest. From what you’re describing: 4 healing Kormrok (normally a 3 heal fight during progress), and 4 healing farm content which you killed 15 item levels ago (raids used to be 720ish and now are 735ish if I’m not mistaken) – your HPS is going to be mehh.

A few quick tips. I saw your armory, you can swap out that Spirit enchant on your weapon for Mastery, gives a little bit extra oompf. Also, currently you’re specced into Echo of the Elements, Ancestral Swiftness would be an obvious choice there (you might already be swapping this back and forth).

Cooldowns. Now this is a difficult one. When I joined my current guild, they were somewhat overhealing the farm bosses and all healers had their own cd rotation coming out of progress as a healer team. We ran double shamans for a while, and I had to fit my cd’s in around his – not trying to create a double HTT moment. I’m not the most aggressive healer in pushing in my cooldowns (for sniping means) at expensive of other healers. I try to be accomodating and blanketing, ready to carry when the raid slides down. Thing is… you won’t see numbers this way. The other week we made a post about analyzing your own logs. Once bosses are on farm (and especially now with the item level increase).. cooldowns are no longer as needed, and not needed as often anymore. Go back into your logs, look at when you are using them, if you’re still using all (or if the boss is dead at that point), and if you could squeeze in extra cd’s at the start of the fight. Re-evaluate and be bold.

Remember how on Kormrok progression, you would have a seperate raid cooldown assigned for each grasping hand and pound (at least.. we did xD)? I bet you now, if you wouldn’t use you cooldown at the assigned moment, the raid would probably survive. The base healing output at this point is so strong, you often don’t need cooldowns anymore. So here’s my advice. Dare to change your cd’s to optimize your output. If a fight lasts 4 minutes for you now, you can use a lot of cooldowns twice.

Keep your spirit items for now (other than that enchant on your weapon), so you can keep spamming chain heal. Try to drop a healer in some way (I know this can be challenging), and I’ll poke Keehn to see if he has time to check on your uptimes/logs.

Also: don’t be too bothered with the top rankings at this point. Its all 0, 1 or 1,5 (fistweave) healing at this point to get the top numbers.