Reply To: Time to put myself on blast! Please critique me with no shame.

Homepage Forums Link your logs Time to put myself on blast! Please critique me with no shame. Reply To: Time to put myself on blast! Please critique me with no shame.

Dorelei
Keymaster

Eww Keehn, you underestimate how much of a difference an extra SLT can make in a regular, non-mythic, not-top-of-the-pack guild ? I wish I had another extra charge sometimes…

I get what you mean I really do. When you start raiding, damage seems to be random and continuous. It feels like if you bring more healers, you have a better chance of defeating the boss (hence 2/4/9 groups). Then as you move up in the raiding scene, you seem to be somewhat in control of damage taken as a group. You are aware of some moments in the fight where you need to use certain cooldowns. Groups even end up plannning SLT, Tranq or HTT for fixed moments in the fight.

As you move to the top of raiding, every bit of unnecessary damage is avoided (during progress, not talking about the ranking padding that’s going on right now). You start dropping to the bare minimum of healers (close to theoretically) needed. Because the faster the kill, the better. The faster adds/miniboss/boss dies, the highest chance of killing something cutting edge.

Context matters, and that especially goes for SLT and its charges. As I regularly join friends across all levels of raiding, I have a lot of fun padding the continuous damage in semi-random teams. In my main team I don’t use double charges on SLT unless I’m specifically told (Mannoroth). Without AS, I can’t keep up with the sniping power, let alone get a decent rank (again ranking is pretty much a 1 healer situation atm, and for DPS and speedkills 0 healing).