Reply To: 10/13M feeling useless on some encounters

Homepage Forums Link your logs 10/13M feeling useless on some encounters Reply To: 10/13M feeling useless on some encounters

Keehn
Participant

Hey Dasafak

I will try to pitch in with what I have and not repeat Halu too much. 😀

Starting with mana, it generally looks good but on some fights you end on 50-70k mana left. I know it can be a struggle to spend it and spend it properly on some fights, but it usually will give a better outcome to end completely dry. You also didn’t use mana potion on some fights, I would’ve liked to see you using intellect potion instead, to really apply a little more ‘umpf’ to cooldowns or them chain heals, but sadly that was not the cast.

I get the feeling that you were using glyph of Riptide on Kilrogg (zoomed in and saw 5 casts in ~5 seconds). I can understand why you would consider it, but it’s just not worth it imo. You will nerf not only the healing done by riptide, but also the healing done by 4p, since the riptides procced will also suffer from the heal reduction. Other than that your riptide use seems fine. Healing Stream Totem looks great as well.
Personally I could see Elemental Blast being used more, it would grant you some more to play around with. You want to have mana in overflow meaning that you’re never going to think twice when considering casting a chain heal. This is partly what I also derive from mana curves, you could be a tad more aggressive with chain heal, and that especially being more underlined when casting elemental blast more frequently. Not that few elemental blasts necessarily is a bad thing, sometimes the need for mana simply isn’t there. This being either because of super short fights or no damage incoming at all.

As Halu mentioned your cooldowns could be used better, and sometimes (Looking at Iskar) your didn’t use your Healing Tide or Spirit Link once. This could be because you are just following orders and saving them for callouts, but it is a bit sad to sit through close to 7 minutes without using HTT or SLT.

Let’s look a little at movement. You are not using Spiritwalker’s Grace that often it seems. On a few of the bosses you haven’t used it at all. I know it can be something to get used to, but once you do it will open up for a lot of freedom. Being able to pop it and retain the ability to cast while moving, it will just add so much value and be a huge quality of life addition. It could be that you are trying to hold onto it for more serious situations, but don’t be afraid to pop it, it will only help in remembering it in the future.
I could say something similar about Unleash Life, it will be a great tool for you, once you get used to popping it during movement (Some fights it is not cast). Adding that movement speed, being instant and buffing your next heal, it is simply amazing for movement. This will probably also help getting rid of some of your ghost wolf casts. Not that it is a disaster to pop it, but casting it 7 times on Iskar is a bit much.

But a big reason for numbers (across the board) to be a bit lower than what you’d like to see is because of the setup you’re running (yay repeating Halu). It is a big kick in the nuts for a resto shaman to be put in a group where there literally is nothing to heal. We will shine if the group is allowed to dip, but we will struggle when it is not the case. Pretty much the case for every healer with discipline priest as the exception.

These are somewhat minor things, but it is still something to work on.